Ark's Buddy Bite Sensory Chew
ARK's Buddy Bite™ Sensory Chew is a chewable stick figure that comes in a choice of 3 different colours/toughness. The Ark Buddy Bite™ Sensory Chew extensions are long enough to reach the back molars where we usually chew the most and for proprioceptive input to the masseter muscle. The loops are firmer and provide more resistance for chewing on both sides of the mouth at the same time.
Each Buddy Bite™ measures about 8.2cm at the widest part, 16cm tall, just under 1.7cm thick, and is the equivalent of 2 Ark Grabbers in surface area.
If your child throws things then the Ark chew can be secured to belts, bags, harnesses etc using a chewigem chewipal (purchase separately).
The chew adds extra tactile sensation to the lips, cheeks, gums, and tongue to help desensitise the mouth, can decrease oral defensiveness/aversions, and transition individuals with sensory issues from puréed to textured foods.
ARK Buddy Bite Chew comes in 3 colour-coded toughness levels:
- Standard (Red ) - These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them. Recommended for mild chewers and/or beginners practising biting/chewing skills
- Medium Firm / XT (Green ) - XT stands for "Xtra Tough," recommended for moderate chewing. These are firmer, but still chewy.
- Very Firm / XXT (Royal Blue) - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough," recommended for more avid chewing. These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough.
Note: Because this is a larger chew, you may want to "size down" a toughness level. If you're used to the Grabber or Y Chew in XT for example, you may want the standard level in the Buddy Bite.
* One Buddy Bite chew supplied-please choose colour/toughness.
* Measures approximately 8.2cm at the widest part, 16cm tall and just under 1.3cm thick
N.B Screen resolutions vary so the colours may be slightly different.
ARK manufactures the Buddy Bite™ Sensory Chew in the USA. It's medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Check for wear and tear often, discard if broken.